PS3 Controller on PC: A PS3 controller is a play station controller that helps you to play the games which are originally built for your PlayStation. The design and an original controller was made during 1994 when gamers wanted to try something which could bring the gaming community to a new ground. And this is how the controller got worldwide recognition.
Sony took the lead and made sure that the controller which was down under Sony could help gamers to come with a new experience during their game time. The first play station controller made an overwhelming response in the market since it was motion sensitive, and it had particular sensors which could get the gaming experience to a five-point star.
Steps to Use Your PS3 Controller on PC
When you are gaming on the PC then for the sake of the old time, you have to use a gaming mouse and a keyboard since they will just do the work for you. PC Gaming has always been good with the use of mouse and a good keyboard controls and your expertise on how concentrated could you be with the game that you were playing. But as the times are changing, everyone wants to choose something and switch to some techniques which can be really amazing for them.
Anyways, it becomes easy for some gamers if they are taking the whole control of their gaming with their controllers. And trust me, if you are a beginner, then your controller will save you from a lot of deal later. No matter what, here we have got you covered with the guide to find amazing steps to connect your PC Gaming with your PS3.
What you need for the following:
Here are the things you need for the connection.
- A controller. (An original one).
- Mini USB Cable which is used for your charging.
- You can even carry around a Bluetooth dongle if that is necessary for you.
Before anything you do, you first have to disconnect your PS3 with your PS and then connect it with your PC. If you are connecting your PS3 and the PC at the same time, then it won’t be possible for you to do so.
Here is the final list of what you have to do to connect your PS3 (Dual shock with your PC).
- Connect your play station 3 controllers with your PC with the use of the mini USB Cable that you have bought. It can be any type of cable and even the charging cable that you use for your phone.
- Make sure you check in all the list of drivers and they have been updated or not. After you have connected your controller with the PC, it is time for you to open the Command Prompt and then type in for the driver query and then hit the enter button.
- If you are running your controller for the windows 10, then your diver will be automatically installed in your PC. And if you are driving and downloading it manually in other servers, you have to run down the command prompt for your driver to set up.
It is time for you to download and install the SCP Driver package.
- Make sure that you head to the SCP Toolkit and then click on the download thread. There is a green link which will appear on your screen, and you have to press on that. Once you have done the same, you will need to extract the files from the 7- tool zip. There is a decompression tool present in your windows 10 and not on the other platforms.
- Once you have installed the program on your computer, you will be asked to install the additional drivers to your system. if you don’t see a prompt screen, then you have to select and search for the ScpToolkit Driver installer. After your driver installation, it is time for you to choose the DualShock to drop down menu and then enable it. Click on the install list of option, and it will be automatically configured to your system.
- After this process have been completed, your DualShock will now be connected to your PC.
It is time for you to create a profile now.
- With your profile manager, it is time for you to create a profile which is based on the ‘create custom button mappings’ that can be used on between the mappings for your keyboard and the mouse. You will have to configure the settings before you stay your gaming.
- Rumble with the settings manager and the LED display as well.
Also Read – English Learning Apps
If you are having to troubleshoot problems with your controller, then you can go to the advanced option and then choose the troubleshoot device option. This way, you can enable better control of your PS3 Controller on PC. Press F7 to reboot your PC for one last time during the process of the disable driver signature reinforcement. When your reboot is complete, you can connect your PS3 Controller on PC in the same way again.